Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I have asked but have yet to see a Dynojet dyno. I am not disputing Bren's tuning ability. I just want to see how it compares to the work of others on the level playing field of the much more widely used Dynojet.
When I said "ask", I meant like send him an email/make a phone call + see if he has any Dynojet Dyno graphs. Just to give you a heads up, not even the same version dynos all read the same (there will be some inconsistency from one to the next).

If you want the most accurate measurement, comparing a Stock Baseline against the gains (commonly called "deltas"). Regardless of what dyno you're using, the deltas should be consistent on all dynos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
E85 or race gas would do wonders for an 12.0:1 CR motor. I think Pencilgeek gained 7% power with race gas without changing the tune to take full advantage of the octane.
The 7% gain is probably a true reflection of the car's performance. With pump gas, there's a possibility the DME will retarded timing because of poor octane quality (significantly more common with cars that only have access to 91).

100 Octane or Higher = No Timing Corrections = Optimal Timing = More HP

Obviously, the biggest problem with E85 is until a readily available fuel system upgrade is available, it'll be difficult to run straight E85. IIRC, the low compression kits (ESS or Gintani) both come with aftermarket fuel systems, but I don't think they're sold as separate from the s/c kit.
Appreciate 0