Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Procurement / purchasing professional with a background in the metals recycling and steelmaking industries. Been at it about 5 years now.
My belief is purchasing is more difficult than people think it is... At least in my industry (electronics). The purchasing guys do seem to get all the perks from manufacturers though.
Everyone loves to hate on the Buyer because we get paid to develop relationships and have extremely flexible hours / work schedules.

I understand that.

Yes, there are many perks and some days feel like you didnt work at all.

Performance is tracked very closely through... can definitely be very stressful at times as well. Our job at the end of the day is to protect the company from blood thirsty suppliers/vendors and drive down costs. Without the Buyer, companies cannot function.
As an outside sales professional I can relate. I was thinking of the physical perks. The Purchasing team seem to be the ones getting tickets behind home plate at the Yankees games.
Yep. Sporting events, fancy dinners, small(ish) gifts, etc are all part of the corporate shmooze. We never let those sway our decisions though
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00