United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414bhp View Post
Hi all,

What options make the perfect 981 Cayman? I ask because I drove three 981 Caymans and struggled to come up with my perfect 981 Cayman build.

The first car I drove was a Cayman S with PDK and the x73 sports suspension. That car had amazing chassis feedback and handling, but it definitely beat me up with its firm ride. It also was low enough that it would scrape on driveways, which made it harder to use in town.

Then I drove two Cayman GTSes back-to-back. The first was a 6MT with PASM and the second a PDK with PASM and PTV.

The PASM suspension definitely resolves the x73 suspension's firm ride and too low stance. PASM is so comfortable and completely dailyable! But, the PASM suspension is missing so much of the road feedback from the x73. I felt much less connected in the PASM cars.

And when it comes to 6MT vs PDK, I prefer the 6MT because it is one of the tightest and smoothest manuals I've rowed, but that long second gear (83 mph at the redline) is ridiculous. The PDK is better geared and would be my pick for track driving so I could focus on my line rather than my footwork.

Even after these drives I'm confused. Porsche has so many options on the 981 Cayman, and depending on which you check, you get a very different driving experience.

What is the perfect spec for a 981 [...]
Rennlist is where you want to be with this. Looks fun though!