Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matreyia View Post
My plugs were supposedly put in last June. I been getting bad mileage so I went and changed them myself. Very satisfying...at the local shop it costs $230 including labor to change the plugs in an e93.

Anyways, after less than a year and around 30K miles later (I like to drive the snot out of my car) the old plugs looked like ass! Gunked up and charred with carbon buildup. And there was arching scars on all of them. The fools at the BMW dealership don't bother to insulate the porcelain parts of the plugs with dielectric grease so I am not surprised at all the arching burn marks on the porcelain. Thank Zeus that all the coils work!

Went for a test drive and I gotta say...it is super smooth like butter. Same throttle response, but transitions to batshit speed from slow are disturbingly smooth and effortless. Which is a bad thing because I did not notice I was going 120 at one time since nobody was on the road and no reference points were available.

It's quite impressive how quickly and smoothly these cars get up to speed and are so effortless about it that I do not notice the speed until I see other cars.

Tuesday, I have an appt. at LTMW in El Monty to do walnut blasting and an oil change...then the car should be even more insane. Next month...Dinan S3! Woohooo!

BMW TIS specifies ungreased, no anti-seize to be used, so, the techs were following proper directions.