View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #199
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
OK -- here is my initial thoughts. I installed the rears last weekend, and had the fronts installed today as something came up that got in my way timewise. I feel the rears are a huge improvement over the underdamped OEM units, especially when the are worn. I can definitely tell you the rear was far more planted on irregularly pothole worn surfaces even when pushed, and I'd definitely say they beat the OEM ZCP EDC rears, but are admittedly a bit of a PITA to install. The online video does not show you needing to drop the lower control arm to get the shock in but that's the ticket.

As for the fronts which went in today, they really raised ride height probably 7-8/10" over the worn OEM fronts. I was aware of this as it's been discussed here but this is more than I expected. The ride/handling over the worn OE fronts is much better but i'm mildly concerned about change of rake placing more weight on the rears, the lost of front negative camber from raising up, etc. For those who are looking for aesthetics, I get the disappointment. That's not a concern for me and in fact will probably keep my front bumper cover from scraping as I run 18" wheels. I understand the OE units start with 100 psi and go downhill from there, and the B6's start with 300 psi to prevent initial cavitation. I suspect they will settle some (not so much springs but the stuts pressure) but this may be a learning process. For those concerned about looks, I could see running OE fronts with B6 EDC rears.
I appreciate your feedback

Have you thought of pairing the fronts or the whole kit with Eibach springs? That's how I had my E46 M3 and both my 330Ci's and they look great
Appreciate 0