View Single Post
      06-15-2018, 09:08 PM   #36
Hammer Werke
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328d Touring

lots has been said in this thread. I'll drop a few favorite spots.

For museums the Gettys are really nice. There is the Main one on the 405 freeway in Brentwood. This one is pretty easy to go to. The other "Getty Villa" focuses on ancient Rome and is nestled in the Pailisades Hills on pacific coast highway. Its beautiful, and they re-created a villa that was wiped out in Pompei. This one you HAVE TO reserve like a day in advance online. The restaurants at both locations are great and I often breeze some exhibits and then grab a glass of wine and some lunch. The grounds, landscaping, scenery are all stunning...definitely not your "normal museums". Getty was a mega oil tycoon and bought up mad art. He imported like a billion dollars of huge marble blocks from Italy to build the main behemoth museum.

The LA County Museum of art (LACMA) is also fantastic in a more traditional sense. It is mid city, right next to the La Brea Tarpits on Wilshire Blvd. And then we have the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in downtown LA. Right across from that is the new Broad Museum that is very popular. Broad is another tycoon that just put his insane art collection on display for the public. Epic modern art collection. Usually big lines to get in. Also next door is the Walt Disney Concert hall. A Frank Gerry building....amazing to check out.

If you feel like a real old man day there is an amazing botanical garden in Pasedena, which is close (ish) to where you are staying. The Huntington Botanical garden. He was another tycoon of industry. He build like all the roads in america and he had a thing for old books and plants. So he has a little museum on the grounds for books like the first edition of the bible and priceless illuminated manuscripts. But the most amazing part are the gardens. The place is HUGE and set up in quadrants. Japaneses, Chinese, South American, and desert.

La has probably the best food scene in the world. Maybe not the ultimate best at every particular area but we have the most insane variety.

1. Breakfast / Brunch

- Lots of fun old school diners around town, SWINGERS is always on point.
- Squirrel. On Vermont... really good but huge lines
- Commisary @ The Line Hotel
- Botega Louie Downtown (also good lunch/dinner)
- Gjusta in Venice
- Moon Juice...best juice in town.

2. Sandwiches / Burgers (my faves)

- Langers Deli (ultimate pastrami sammy)
- Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica - Amazing Italian Sandwiches
- Larchmont Wine & Cheese - My favorite local sandwich spot
- Apple Pan - Amazing vintage burger spot. Place has been the same for like 70 years....epic hickory burgers.
- Cassells - Burger spot in the Normandy Hotel - my fave burger in town.
- Hinanos - Great Backyard style burger at awesome dive bar @ Venice Pier
- Golden State - Rad burger spot on Fairfax across from Supreme.

3. Dinner

- Bestia - Best Italian food in LA. Hard to get reservations. Dress nice and try to get a spot at the bar. DTLA
- Sushi Gen - My fave sushi spot in LA, DTLA
- Gjelina - Trendy but good. California cuisine. Venice
- Baroo - One of the chefs from the "best restaraunt in the world" Noma in Denmark. he started this spot. Its awesome and low key. On Santa Monica Blvd / Wilton.

My Favorite Taco truck is on 4th and Rose in Venice. La Isla Bonita. Family run. They have the best Ceviche. Home made every night!

I hope that helps. I'll chime in later with more that I think of and bars etc.
Appreciate 3
BPe90M3256.00
Red Bread4463.00