08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #282
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
The Glen was awesome, it had something for everyone! Got to see some cool cars and a whole bunch of nice driving. It was great to see our friends from Quebec, and folks from all over the US.

I was a lot more comfortable with the car coming into this event, and was able to push the car much harder. I went from a best lap of 2:37 from the prior event to a best lap of 2:23.9. This video is from my second session, where I ran a couple laps in the 2:24.x range (still a ways off from the mid-teens that good 911 - and M3 - drivers run).

Watching the video though, I'm still turning in a bit too early in 1, not pushing hard enough up the esses, and braking too early in 7,8,9. And I still got to work on my shifting (went into 6th instead of 4th a couple times out of the bus stop).

This is some great time - you are definitely getting more comfortable with the car. You are much closer to me than in Calabogie.

When comparing your time to those you see on the internet please do not forget that we were running an "advanced" configuration of the track. I think the loss of exit speed to the front straight from those cones is worth at least over a second, maybe two.
Appreciate 0