View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #235
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Yes, for sure 80k miles is a good replacement time. The shortest mileage I've replaced suspension at and noticed a huge difference is my 2012 X5, that got B12 shocks/springs at 35k miles and it was a night and day difference.

I would probably keep my ZCP springs with the B6s. The reason Bilstein pairs the Eibach springs with their other suspension kits is they barely drop the car so they are pretty similar to stock. That's why you can put eibachs on stock suspension without turning your car into a iron-wheeled chariot.

If you haven't done a front thrust bushing yet I would do it ASAP: https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...iABEgJEbfD_BwE
You may also want to replace your top mounts if yours are still oem. If they are OEM I'd replace with another set of OEM.
In the rear you may want to replace your RSMs. Again, if you're stock just get new stock ones.

Otherwise the suspension has a lot of solid bushings in it already so there's no need to replace more stuff.
Previous owner did Bimmerworld Precision Front Upper Control Arm Bearing Kit as well as solid subrframe bushings, and harder Diff bushings so I'm good there.
Appreciate 0