03-11-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
areyouamac
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 Black M3 DCT

Not sure if anyone has seen this?

Original post I saw:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf0-uyXhwix/

Here is an interesting fact on 3 of the best na motors out there; #ls7, #gt350, #s85 all have almost identical rod bearing clearance (ls7 is even tighter than s85), yet you don't hear of bearing issues on the two of these that have adequate rod side clearance and use 5W oil. The one that uses molasses for oil is a different story. For those that are using 10w60, make the change or be left behind with a failed bearing. It's not the bearings that are the issue!

And a follow-up post (pic included):

People wonder why I recommend 5w50 over 10w60 for the S85 or S65. Here is a pretty clear comparison between the two. You can see the liqui moly 10w60 had 3-times the wear than the redline 5w50. Imagine the difference the two have on engine wear. Check out "Piotr tester" on YouTube for a review on your favorite oil. Chances are he has it on there as he has over 300 videos. I bet you won't find a better oil than the redline 5w50.

---

My feedback on 10W-60 (nothing to do with what he's referring to above, since I just saw the posts yesterday)

I tried the Twin Turbo M Oil (10W-60) and when the temps warmed up, it stayed under 200* (looks to be 190*)

I then tried LiquiMolly (10W-60) and the temps took longer to warm up then Twin Turbo M Oil, and hovers at 200*

Anyone had similar feedback to the above?
Appreciate 1
Frozen570.00