02-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #10
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian stig View Post
so when are you looking to sell? how many payments are left on it? if i understand correctly, the final cost is 36000X1.13 + 1536X# of payments left (how many?) + lease transfer fee (how much?) + 1000 (optional for winter wheels)

And have you done any mods to the car? Any scratches or chips to the paint or interior, etc?

If I buy the car, can I get it CPO'd or does a dealership have to buy the car first?
Hey - I am not looking to sell it. I will give it back to BMW London on May 24, 2012 unless someone wants to take over the lease. If someone takes it on March 24 then there would be 2 payments - March & April 24th. The price at lease end is 36K plus tax.

Ofcourse it has chips to the paint. What 2008 car doesn't? It's a used car and not a garage queen. If you are leasing it then you can get it CPO'ed and buy it. At least that is what I was told.

Bottom line is: I am not interested in selling the car and doing the legwork. If I was interested in doing the legwork then I would CPO it, buy it and make 5K off of it. Doing the legwork is your job if you want the car. I will just give it to BMW London on May 24th and then they can do the legwork and make money off of the car.

Sounds like you would like me to to the legwork. That is not going to happen since I am trying to do a favour in the first place. I think people are skeptical of my intentions & I understand that. It will not be my loss since I do not want anything. Range Rover will hold my new car till my lease is up since they got my car too early. I do not gain or lose money whatever happens.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 0