View Single Post
      12-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
Tarmac_E46_M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post

I found this race much closer than I thought! Any explanation for this? Was expecting the E92 to trounce the E46 but they are evenly matched!
I've seen this; it was posted some where else, or another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPe90M3 View Post
Not a chance. I have raced my buddies e46 m3 with exhaust intake tune and some other mods I forget and I put at least 4.5 lengths on him. I was also only shifting at 6.5-7 because I wasn't fully done breaking it in. I'm also bone stock and 6 spd
It's gearing. On the 40 mph or whatever pull, the E46 M3 just has quicker gears. From a stop, we know the E92 M3 would take the E46 M3... and if they hit anywhere over 100-120 mph... that V8 is taking over and dominating. Only chance the E46 M3 has is if it goes S/C or turbo. Or be as hardcore as dropping the cars weight under 3k lbs and have every single N/A bolt on to have a lower power to weight ratio than the E92 M3. And even the, the V8 just has an advantage at high speeds.... depending on the E46 M3s PSI.

Now if you S/C; turbo; or drop the weight and have all N/A bolt-ons, on the E46 M3 and go around a track... it's a drivers race. That all can be had for around half the price, or less, of an E92 M3.

I love my E46 m3. But, the E92 M3 is sexy too and has a V8... that madda facka is badass!
Appreciate 0