Major
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2008 m3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle S65B40 View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153462

I don't profess to know about these kind of things, but it's been confirmed that the car does not have a CDV. Maybe your tech isn't very knowledgeable? At any rate, I'd be curious to know what he actually did and how the shifting feel has improved. I take my car in soon and would like to have them take the clutch spring out at the very least.
He showed me the part and I took a pic of it. Looks just like the top pic in the link in the thread you pointed out.

Also my tech is a personal friend of mine so he wouldn't BS me. As for him being knowledgeable, he's been with BMW for 10yrs and before that Ferrari. He can do an engine swap in a day and tranny swaps in 3 hours (the book calls for 6).

I removed my clutch spring soon after I picked up my car 2 years ago. From what I remembered removing the spring helped the clutch pedal return smoother. After having the CDV removed, the clutch pedal feels very consistent all throughout. The pedal also feels lighter (or it could just be in my head )

Also keep in mind my car is an early model 08 so maybe BMW changed the CDV for later year cars? All I know is my car HAD one.

Last edited by gixxer_kidd; 07-28-2011 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0