dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
Thank you for a detailed comment!
My friends recommended Logan square, South Loop, West Loop or Trip Taylor, price seems to be pretty high and Parking seems to be pretty bad. Honestly, parking is quite important for me lol

I'm looking for Sub $1000/month Air BnB with nice house parking (not street) OUTSIDE of downtown, which suburb town (maybe within ~20 min driving) outside of 60622 do you recommend?
I have close relative living in Schamburg but it's quite far from 60622, but Schamburg is the type of neighborhood I'm looking for, i'm happy to drive ~20min commute daily to the hospital

Areas like River North will have ample parking since it's all high-rise buildings with garages, but those are also more expensive units and you're paying for the location. It's hard to find a decent apartment to rent there for under $1800/month, and that's before you fork over $250/month for parking.

Another alternative might be to look a bit further north but still within city limits, such as Ravenswood, Andersonville, or Edgewater. They are safe neighborhoods and are mostly houses/apartments (no high rises), and people there do tend to own cars a bit more. You will need to travel further to get to nightlife and such. South Loop is a good bargain though still expensive, relatively close to the action, has parking, but can get sketchy very quickly if you aren't familiar with things.

Schaumburg is far from downtown. You could take Metra (commuter rail), but even that will be 30-40 minutes each way and then you're dependent on the train schedule. The only suburb that I would say is okay and still close to the city is probably Oak Park. You can't even get from city limits to the hospital you mentioned in 20 minutes by car during rush hour, as someone else said. You can avoid rush hour by leaving at 5am and then getting out just after lunch, lol.

Honestly, if you are going to be downtown for 6 weeks, don't bring your car. As you can see, it really complicates things and adds considerable cost. You need to pick two things: safe, cheap, car-friendly. Where I live, it's safe and car friendly...but not cheap.