View Single Post
      07-20-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
I thought I would outline my experience of purchasing a BPMSport engine and DCT tune through M3 world.

Flashing: The instructions were incorrect which led to flashing errors and my car not starting. I had to leave it at work over the weekend with the battery disconnected as the car was freaking out with the wipers going and the lights wouldn’t turn off. After a few emails back and forth it was figured out and I got the car flashed.

Results: Purely seat of the pants, power feels the same as having a test pipe with no tune. The added features (cold start delete, cold start rev limit, increased rev limit etc) are nice and I think my fuel economy may have slightly improved.

DCT Tune: I have noticed zero difference. This may be because I only drive in M5.

Servotronic changes: Dave from M3 world recommended I don’t go with this option but I ignored that as I saw so many positive forum reviews. I found the steering in sport really weird and inconsistent. I asked Dave if I could go back normal servo mapping and was told this would cost US$150 and his hands are tied on the matter.

I then asked on a thread on this board if anyone else found Benvo’s servo mapping weird. There was a short back and forth between Mike and myself. I can’t go back to exactly what was said as Mike has since deleted the entire thread. This has disappointed me the most and does not strike me as the reaction of someone who is completely confident in their product.

I wish I had done some more research before purchasing.

Also want to say throughout all of this Dave from M3world has been nothing but helpful and professional.
Dave from m3 world is great the problem is definitely nothing to do with him but he will still try and help you where he can.

I've msg back and forth with benvo and i caught him out lying to me he send me a msg saying he had a tune for the ssp clutches to work then next week posted on a thread that they need to go through a relearning procedure...after that i would never use anything with his name on it
Appreciate 2