View Single Post
      05-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #9
Fizik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
When I first got this 300 cel xpipe, I was hoping to fly under the radar and not have to monkey with two vehicles (desert truck) for biannual smog.
I coincidentally got a check engine light about 400 miles after I put this xpipe on. However, I think it was a coincidence. I didn't address it until I had to smog about a year later and the check engine light turned out to be an o2 sensor and a cold start component. One MAY have been related to the other. I've put over 500 miles on the car since I swapped back to this xpipe and Karbonius plenum (no tune) and no check engine light.

I have to take my truck to a "star" station. I'm not sure if it is a more strict inspection, or a higher rated smog shop, but this f'n guy was crawling under my truck and pulling on hoses pretty hard. So I've seen it go both ways. The truck looks like shit and is not supposed to pass. I have to drive it 40 miles then I have a 20 mile window to get it smoged while the sensors show ready, but haven't tripped yet. Everything is there, it's just bad sensors or something.
Not to thread jack, but do you have any videos of this on your car? I've been trying to find how it sounds, especially with an oe muffler, but it doesn't seem many people run this one.
Appreciate 0