Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Okay, I just spent freakin 45 min installing my Mact Schnell filter. I followed Blake's instruction on the DIY.

I had a really really tough time getting the new filter installed. My tensioner was super tight so I had to use brute force and push the filter toward the passenger headlight to create the clearance for the tensioner.

Now with it installed, I feel that the filter is not on that tight! Where the filter mates up with the stock plastic piece is not a tight seal at all. I can basically left upward on the MS filter to get the top half to pop off (bottom half is still slightly secured because of the bottom clips in the stock plastic piece).

So my question to you people with the MS filter, is this normal? Do you find that the upper plastic clips on the stock plastic piece will easily come unclipped if you just lift upwards on the MS filter? Of course the problem is because the upper clips of the plastic piece are just touching the spongy and soft lip of the MS filter.

I think it was relatively easy to lift upwards when I was removing the OEM filter....but it just seems like the MS filter is even easier to lift away.

I'm worried that eventually the filter is going to pop off completely when I'm driving and I'll suck in a leave or bugs.
Did you remove the intake tract also (45 degree elbow going to the manifold) when installing? I find this makes installation much easier than trying to flex the filter to maneuver it into place.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0