07-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
i8_it
Feeling Blue.
United_States
Rep
Drives: I12 i8,f10 M5,e89 IS,F1 6S35i

Garage List
2008 E93 M3  [5.36]
Dealer attempts to Red flag my car because of slits in the exhaust?

My car went into a "limp mode" type of thing yesterday after finally making a service appointment for today. My car prior to the limp mode was giving me a problem that felt kind of like a kick in the ass every time i would tap the gas on a high gear at low rpms or just leave it on idle. I kept putting the issue over to the side for about two months until today when he took it to work for service. Thinking my car will be in good hands, the total opposite today. He calls me angry at my modifications to my oem exhaust saying the car might be red flagged and warranty will be dishonored because the modification caused a problem in the engine.

The modifications on my exhaust follow as:
Resonator Delete
3 slits/cuts on the pipe right before the muffler box starts...

however the service manager called me to discuss the options i have... he said im lucky that they are offering me to "RE-OEM my exhaust" so they can start working on my car....rather then dishonoring my warranty and red flagging my car.

any ways what im trying to ask is, is there any chance in hell that a couple of slits can cause my engine to throw a code and make my car drive and idle the way it is?

Last edited by i8_it; 07-27-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0