View Single Post
      08-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #86
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Every mustang I've owned was bullet proof, and I rode them hard and put them up wet. For what they may lack in some peoples eyes with fit in finish is made up with tougher than a boot reliability. One of my mustangs hydroplaned, did a 360 through a ditch, took out a chunk of curb with my rear axle at the differential, and smacked a small pine tree that lifted the front end over the tree and slammed down in parking lot. Drove it home, didn't even have a ding in it. Drove it 2 more years and only replaced the brakes. It's simplicity has virtue in its durability. And for 20k less than my M3, I wouldn't expect equiv material quality.

But back to the Boss, chances are dealers are going to ask a premium for this car. In the end, it may end up costing as much as an M3 with dealer mark ups. First generation Boss's are some of the most collectable mustangs ever made and that history alone will get dealers giddy with the mark up pen. The LS even more so. It's value will likely be lost in its novelty and limited availability.

And on the weight, that est. 3660 lbs is, in my vague memory, stunningly similar to the stock GT. I'm wondering if it's someones best guess or just a standard GT reprint with "estimated" added to it.

And on the GT500 weight, the 2011 model shed 120lbs and is now very close to the 3700lbs range.

Given the premium mark up the boss is likely to get, I'd probably be more interested in the '11 GT500 with the new competition package for probably a similar price.
Appreciate 0