04-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #140
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
04/24/2010 UPDATE:

Post break-in review:

I couldn't really wait for the full 200 mile break-in so I did a few short runs tonight after I got 120 or so miles on the Supercharger I must say the car drives like stock untill you really stomp on it. I haven't drove with the DSC off because we've been getting a little rain here in Hawaii The car pulls hard enough to spin my rear 295 PS2s when shifting.

My first two runs were with a GT-R35 that had a tune, IC pipes, and full exhaust ... I got walked but it was fun. I started in third for the first run and then went down to second gear for the next run. When I shifted up to third on the second run the rear spun a little but it didn't really matter cause the GT-R was gone. I tried to get a few runs in with a stock E92 to really compare the two but that didn't really work out well due to rain and timing of the run.

Things I noticed:

I noticed a few thing and one was that my oil had dipped down a lot. I started the day with it being 3/4 full and by the end of the night it was down to 1/2 ... I did plan on getting it topped off and I know this motor burns a lot of oil but I didn't think it would burn this much in such a short amount of time. I did do a few hard but short runs ...

The second thing that I noticed was that my MPG got way higher. I use to get 14MPG on the freeway now I'm getting 16-17.5MPG and thats with me punching the car here and there. I got as high as 18.5MPG on the freeway with me driving like a grandma. My city MPG was around 10-11MPG on i'm getting 13-14MPG.

A few questions:

I was so excited to finally get some runs in that I didn't realize that I didn't have the M mode on untill I was driving home. I know this may sound like a stupid question but is there a defference with it ON or OFF even with the tune and supercharger?

Questions for those with this ESS Supercharger ... Are you burning a lot of oil? Did you ever think of putting in a catch can?

Next on the list:

I did three runs on a DYNOJET back in Feb when the car had a Gruppe M intake and an Arqray Ti axle back exhaust. My highest run was 347.42rwhp and 254.21tq. I plan on doing some runs next week at the same place so I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes
Oil consumption should not change much at all. You might have been right between 3/4 and the 1/2 mark before installation. The system is designed so that there is no need for an oil catch can.

M mode will not make a difference in power but the pre-set options such as DSC and throttle mapping will still work the same. To keep the car from limiting power during hard acceleration it is best to have DSC off unless conditions are poor.
Appreciate 0