10-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #40
HotLap
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Vert / 535i Twin turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Sounds like the tweaks the dealership did to the top did more harm than good. Unfortunate. The thing is, in my experience with convertibles (BMW and otherwise) there isn't one out there that will be both 100% noise and leak free in all situations. At 17k miles, my car has some rattles and squeaks. Now, it doesn't leak other than in a high pressure touchless wash (which the manual recommends against). If it leaked either in the rain or when washed with a bucket or sprayed with hose from the spigot on my house, I'd definitely be inclined to take it to a dealership as you did. However I would do so with a large degree of trepidation, because, given the shear complexity of the top, I just don't have faith that the dealership will be able to make it any better, and might make it worse.

Cheers, and again, good luck

Ditto, given the level of expertiese I've found at dealerships over the years, I'd suspect they just made it worse. The top is a very complex mechanism and I'd hate to let anyone start "adjusting" on mine. I hope you get things worked out as I too have an '08 M3 Vert and really enjoy the car. I do get an occaisonal drip down the driver's side window when washing - but no big deal and pretty standard for most verts (at least all the ones I've owned over the years). I also have the occaisonal rear roof rattle when in the up position, but it is only an occaisonal event and I can live with it. Sweet car -sorry you are having such issues with yours.
Appreciate 0