View Single Post
      06-27-2009, 06:41 AM   #22
vamosvanos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White

I've had the GTR for a few months. Yes performance is awesome despite its weight. I could live with the 'launch issues' since I don't launch anyway but the 'solenoid issue' on the tranny was just too much. Numerous cases were reported without using LC and because they were driven hard. But it's different for me here in the Phil's since there is zero dealer support on the car. All cars were grey market imports. The car is a beast and can be easily modded to gain 50 to 75 BHP (just on a reflash). But having the DCT now makes me a happy camper on my M3. The car is involving, gives a full aural experience and looks just great even on stock form. Maybe it's not as fast but I am now of the paradigm that perhaps I don't need such a fast car since I don't really track the car. So it really depends what you want. If getting a great time on the 1/4 mile is a priority than its the car for you. But if you want car that is gorgeous to look at, sit four comfortably and has a great induction sound with RWD to boot not to mention a great handling car with good BHP - the M3 is it!