ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

reply below in RED...
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
Clutch stop? Is that something you buy or make?
-One usually needs to "fabricate" a clutch-stop, unless a company makes one for us...which I am not aware of any offered.
I find the clutch travel is too far. In order to depress the clutch fully, I actually have to tiptoe a bit and I'm 5'10. I tried moving up my seat but then I'm too close to the wheel and the other pedals.
-unless you can fabricate a stop, you may want to try to cut a 2"x2" piece of wood to fit over the pedal and bolt it on. Now that's not the most elegant solution, but it should help you.
If not, then you might be able to apply something like this from Carolina Clutch...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...arolina+clutch

I'd also like to hear any negatives about the spring removal.
I may be biased, as I started this thread, but I have no negatives on the spring removal. The only result is an even pressure, or increase of pressure, while you depress the pedal. The action becomes linear, which is the resultant benefit/reason for removal of the spring. Perhaps the only negative is that the pedal is more difficult to keep depressed for a long period of time...like at a traffic light...but you really shouldn't be doing that anyway.
Be good.

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0