View Single Post
      11-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #77
Congoman775
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: hot wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Pretty much all across..... I have been on the Audi forums doing a research for months... They will all tell you how beautiful the car is, how great the AWD is (which I don't care) and for those who drove the M3 will tell you what a great handling car M3 is and most S5 owners will call the M3 a "rocket"....So please don't tell me to "go read" stuff as I am not just going to buy a $70K car without reading reviews....

And, yes, there will be a RS5 and it will be a great car blah blah blah....

M3 will have to be it for a while until we see some RS5's.......even then it might be head to head w/ M3 as far as performance is concerned....

Buying a S5 would of been great savings over M3 (Minus Audi's depreciation) but then why buy a beautiful car that is just boring to drive....

you probaly should go read some more.

the car does 0-60 in 4.9, thats hardly a 'boring' drive. Offering more comfort, more practical technology and less overengineering, the S5 is a more affordable more practical version of an M3.

If i were to get one TODAY, id buy an M3, just because i would enjoy it more than i would an S5... but the S5 has a higher quality interior (if you took out the M// stuff, you'd have trouble telling the M3 from a 328) is more comfortable and has a less punishing ride.

but this time next year... RS5 all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfisher View Post
As much as I like the S5 looks wise, the performance compared to the M3 will be lacking, it just won't be as nimble or accelerate like it should, I just don't think it will appeal to some people, the M3 is a better buy, but if it's looks is all you care about then by all means buy that S5, now when the RS5 comes out we will see, but I think it will be a bit heavy, still, and too much money, more than when, say, a CSL M3 comes out and probably not perform as well also.
usually when an automaker comes out and says they are NOT making a car, i stop using it in comparisons.
Appreciate 0