View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 04:41 PM   #35
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
I assume that’s tongue in cheek but while Porsche certainly manages availability (especially for GT products), their overall worldwide demand has increased and their overall sales have also increased. And their least expensive model line (Macan) out sales all of their combined cars sales in the US.

Porsche GT car sales are also way up over previous generations. It remains to be seen where demand goes in the short and long term. But, I certainly wouldn’t buy a regular 911, Cayman, Boxster expecting no or minimal depreciation. It wasn’t that long ago that a friend of mine bought a new, $150k Turbo then traded it back in within two years for about $100k…
Actually Porsche sales are down ~25% in both the US and China (two biggest markets) and 4% globally.
I have owned a lot of Porsches along with my wife (and still own a paint to sample 991.1S that I'll never sell) - many 911s, many Caymans, several Macans and a Cayenne. I think they make some great cars but you can see the quality has def gone down and the prices are way up. I personally want something more special for the 200K mark than a Carrera S/4S/GTS - sorry but the S58 in the G8x is a much better engine than the 3.0 F6. I know several friends who also just wont buy a Porsche product anymore due to the games Porsche and more so the dealers are/were playing.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 04-21-2024 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0