View Single Post
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM   #100
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethhaynes7 View Post
Did you have good success with the brake ducts, SS lines and hawk pads on track?
Yes.

I think the biggest key to helping the stock rotors and calipers survive is good forced cooling to the rotor hat, good quality pads, and high temp fluid.

Although there are much better braking options for track work, this setup has been budget friendly and worked for me. It just consumes pads fairly quickly, which is not an issue thanks to FCP's Lifetime warranty. I have burned through a set of front pads in less than a full weekend, so I always have a spare set with me.

Another thing I'm going to try this year is running with DSC/MDM fully off. There was a post on here where a member analyzed the braking input to each wheel running with the system on and off...with MDM on, the system would lightly pulse the brakes through turns, and even on the straights! That'll definitely contribute to pad wear.

With this being my 3rd year tracking the M3, I feel confident enough to turn the systems off, back off the pace, and see how my brake wear changes.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 0