View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 11:04 PM   #53
bipp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

After 1000+ miles and my first track day on this kit, definitely can't say enough good things about it. Largely, what MaximusB said about it was my experience as well. I think at some point I might have a longer writeup, or cross-post this to the non-sponsor forum section for better visibility, but these are my extended initial thoughts.

On top of that though, I can't thank OG Shark enough for answering my questions when ordering, as well as general words of wisdom about tracking. I think this is an invaluable part of this kit as well - you get the development of someone who really, really knows what they're doing.

Street use

At 2 clicks from full soft, it's extremely comfortable for dailying. I would say there's better modulation than stock suspension, and no one would ever think you had coilovers.

At 4 clicks from full soft, it's firm but not jarring. I typically run this - I find that it gives great confidence in curvy roads and still very acceptable for daily driving.

There's no additional noise or vibration from this kit that would make it unbearable. Occasionally, I find that getting out of my driveway (bit of a bump) in the morning results in a bit of squeaking / creaking, but typically I don't experience any clunks or odd noises when driving.

Track use

It's great. I haven't had experience with other coilovers and this is following my first track day, but I find that it's definitely stiff yet forgiving around a track. At 4 clicks from full hard, it corners a lot flatter than stock suspension, provides a lot of confidence, and still lets you eat curbs in peace.

I think the general takeaway (whether for canyon or track driving) is that this kit will leave you with a sense of "holy shit, my car can do that?" - whether it's acting silly going around a cloverleaf or on track, I'm still constantly impressed by what this kit has for cornering. I definitely haven't found the limits of it yet, but I'm looking forward to continuing tracking with it and pushing the boundaries of the car.

Last edited by bipp; 03-19-2024 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 0