View Single Post
      03-03-2024, 10:56 AM   #11
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
Yes I did - thanks for implying I didn’t. It has lots of back and forth and contradicting information at times. (I read it before posting and again if you must know Brandoch)
Did you read all of my post of two sentences? If you did, please answer me what I tell my dealership or speed shop after I do the work… or allow evolve too. The post you keep pointing to, never clears that up. Heck one person in that thread has a buddy that is a tech at BMW, who was unfamiliar with e92s needing this in the first place. What do you tell that tech?

Since evolve never addresses this in any of their videos over the years - Ill reask them the question. Perhaps they have a solution or a thought outside your pointing to threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandoch View Post
"After a replacement, the running time memory for the front or rear axle must be reset with the BMW diagnostic equipment"

Directly from the BMW training manual
I’m the one that asked my BMW tech friend. The disconnect was I repeatedly asked if coding was required when replacing edc dampers rather than just asking what’s required when replacing an edc damper. I rephrased my question and he said there is a test plan/procedure required when replacing edc dampers and/or edc control module.

So the above is correct - you need to make sure the edc damper running time reset procedure is executed on both the front and rear new edc dampers after they’ve been plugged into the car. If it is not done, your new Evolve/Bilstein dampers will have their damping force output biased higher based on the age of your old edc dampers.
Appreciate 0