02-20-2024, 12:58 PM   #7
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Does the upper leg have one or two bolt holes? Nevertheless, the thickness of the plate is going to bend out of plane if a normal forces is pulling the plate to the right in the picture. The mounting plate is not stiff enough out of plane to transfer the normal load-lateral bending moment to the mounting points. In a rollover, one side will be in compression and the other side in tension. That plate cannot support the loads generated during a rollover.
It’s the same as the stock mounting point. I’m not sure what the thickness of that plate is. You should reach out to pinnacle or gosling and see what the thickness they use and the logic behind their design.

I do understand your reasoning that during a roll over things are gonna be under tensions. But I feel like not many bolt in rollbars would hold up to a severe roll over. The only safe bet would be if the bars are welded in.

But as far as mounting locations being located in oem mounting points I think is better than other rollbars on the market as they’re structurally more sound than drilling into your floor and adding plates.
Appreciate 0