View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 09:43 PM   #4
iamtrashman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 AW Stripper M3

I personally think 24,000 miles is a pretty long time for an improperly installed thing to start rearing its head, but stranger things have certainly happened.

The CSB is very easy to do if you have a bit of patience and are able to take your time. Splitting the driveshaft into two pieces is pretty easy and there are plenty of guides online that outline the process. The CSB itself CAN be stuck on the driveshaft pretty good, but if its a car that hasnt seen a lot of humidity and all season driving, it will likely come off without too much fuss. This is the part you need patience for. Slowly working around the circumference with a small punch and a hammer should get it to come off if you dont have a puller to remove it. In my case, I actually just bonked it once with a hammer using a piece of wood as a drift. It came off in one tap. I have seen others take more effort though.

I have also seen the flex disc/guibo bolts actually come apart before as well. They are supposed to be one time use bolts (as they are torque to yield), and they are supposed to be installed with loctite. If a shop replaced the clutch and didnt at least loctite the old bolts, it is possible a nut has fallen off and its starting to wobble around.

Both cases are going to be pretty obvious and when doing one its worth it to do the other because the disassembly is basically the same for both.

Check your differential mounting hardware as well. I have heard of bushings failing and bending/breaking the mounting bolts.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
a5m623.50