12-07-2023, 08:00 PM   #8
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
This is the $30k trip finally coming to fruition. I was just there last weekend but as stated in the past my wife and I have a totally different agenda that someone with kids.

Friday we got in at noon, room wasnt ready at the Dolphin until 4pm. We headed over to Hollywood (always be MGM to me) and had lunch at the Brown Derby. Made fun of some of the adults going bonkers over Chip & Dale. The oddity here was they didnt have kids. Shockingly the park was not crowded at all. We were even able to get on the new Star Wars ride. Very anti climatic but whatever. Made our way back to check in and shower.
Had dinner res at Shula's Steakhouse for 8pm. Was a little early so we headed down for a drink. Got there and realized the clock in the room was not changed for daylight avings so we were REALLY early. 630 vs 8pm. Dinner was excellent as usual then headed to the lobby bar and chatted it up with some other couples.

Sat got up and into Epcot by about 11am. Humidity was almost unbearable. It wasnt hot per se but dripping with sweat. Hit up everything we wanted but wife was sad b/c the Tequila Cave line was insane. We usually wait about 15-30 minutes but this was likely 60+ so we bailed out and had some Italian wine instead. Did some shopping, had lunch in France and then headed back towards the room. Stopped on the Boardwalk at Abra Cadabra for a drink and back to the room. Exahusted we took a quick shower and ate downstairs at Todd English Blue Zoo. Passed out by 10pm

Sun packed up and hit the road for Disney Spring to do some shopping. Again, horrible humidity. Had brunch at the Boathouse. Never again. Eaten here for apps many times but 2 hours to get food and then it was cold and bland really killed our time. Did some shopping, wife got Christmas presents out of the way for her family and we headed home. Rained all the way but luckily no real traffic. Got home at 7pm and reheated some pizza.

Overall good trip but def very low activity this time. Likely b/c of the humidity. We did annual passes again and it priced out 4 days or more and you ave money. So we have 2 down and 11 months left.

Enjoy yourself wtwo3 I'm sure you're in for a whole different experience. If you need to run away and need a place to stay I am 2 hours South West...just hit me up! Hope you have a great time. Post pics when you get home.
wow surprised about the humidity... is that normal in December? I'm really hoping the weather is nice when we're there end of January. I don't like humidity at all.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0