View Single Post
      07-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #113
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-videos.com View Post
...But I believe all these tests to be retarded Nissan ploys with Japanese(Nissan) supplied cars and it pisses me off.
Y'know, you never responded the last time I asked, but is the GT-R tested in the current Car & Driver also a ringer? It ran the quarter mile at 111 mph, which computes to around 430 HP, and was definitely a sick puppy, powerwise. Yet it lapped a race track a bit quicker than a Z06.

Is this down-on-power car yet another retarded Nissan ploy, and does the fact that it still beat the Vette mean it's just another retarded Nissan ploy, this time in terms of suspension and tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-videos.com View Post
Look at this, http://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.p...5&postcount=72 . The nissan that ran a 7:29 has a purported 693HP, and there's no doubt in my mind the tested GTR's have VERY SIMILAR POWER, and with how many other non-production tid bits? Either way even if it did have 693HP and some slight mods, you can give Nissan credit for making a capable car.. but don't BS me in trying to tell me that these cars are stock,non-altered vehicles.
Gee, it says 693 HP right there, so it must be true.

Nissan says it was a stocker, and that they were disappointed in the initial 7:38 numbers with another stocker, so they came back.

In regard to power, how do you account for the fact that nearly all of the tested cars tend to get outrun from a roll by Porsche Turbos and Z06s, starting with that initial test we saw by Edmunds? Yet anytime we see a track comparison, the GT-R tends to rule.

Maybe you can answer this time?

Credibility time, guy.

Bruce
Appreciate 0