United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwdoubles_ View Post
Nice thanks for sharing excellent remarks about what kind of aluminum and metals are used. It’s important because some grades of aluminum can only be stretched so far.

Something else to mention. Whether a high-end official part or an aftermarket refurbished caliper set, the overall pedal feel may seem the same or weaker than stock. I have a rebuilt set on my E92, and this is due to not using the proper brake bleed procedures and DSC test plan in ISTA. Simply using the old school technique of having your buddy pump the brake on the E9x M platform is not the way. You must run the ISTA brake bleed procedure and then the DSC Unit reset script.

That test plan resets the pedal feel to almost new. It tests the clamping force min/max on your new pads. The amount of force it applies is something you couldn’t do with your buddy. To summarize the ISTA brake bleed vibrates air bubbles out of the DSC unit and DSC test plan resets min/max clamping force. Both cannot be done manually.

Here is the way for the DSC test plan:

Go to operations > Read out vehicle data > Complete identification

Vehicle management, service functions, chassis, and suspensions

Traction control, adjustment DSC unit, dsc unit adjustment > display > continue > yes
This just fixed my soft brake pedal, thanks for sharing!