View Single Post
      04-03-2023, 09:21 PM   #7
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

I've circled everything where I'd check first for the issue.
On the first top two circles, the metal bracket has a foam that slides between the dash. If that plastic section on your dash is cracked or damaged, it will leave a gap that will make the dashboard rattle.

The rest of the circles, make sure the bolts and screws that go there are secured and tight. What you could do is also add a layer of Fire Resistant Automotive Felt to those metal brackets which will help dampen the material from rubbing against the dash.

Looks like you have an extended fox red dashboard, which I just recently also swapped into my own FR car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
I might have the same issue...it's coming from the top of the instrument cluster near the windshield (so near that metal bracket on your pic). If I push down slightly on the top of the dash near the area, it goes away. Did you get a new windshield reinstalled recently?....I have a feeling for me it's rubbing in that area after my windshield install and causing the faint rattle for me.
There should be clearance from the windshield and the dash, there's like half a CM worth of space/gap so the windshield would not be rubbing on the dashboard.

Last edited by GORDON.M3; 04-03-2023 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 3