View Single Post
      02-22-2023, 03:27 AM   #44
Xantor_
Wannabe Coder
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335is [6 MT] & V70R

Garage List
I wanted to clarify some information by providing extra details since I just finished this Retrofit yesterday.

I had a hard time understanding where everything goes so here's a small yet detailed explanation.

You only have to splice one cable as well. This way I didn't encounter any dimming issues. More info at the very end of this post.

From the Original E93 mirror you only want to part out the following things:

- Yellow Cable from Black 10 Pin plug that connects the mirror to the car
- Black/Red cable from 5 Pin Plug which goes to the white 10 Pin Plug
- Blue cable from black 10 pin plug
- Red/White cable from the 5 pin antenna plug
- 5 pin connector plug for the Antenna
- the antenna itself
- (optional) the mounting hardware for the antenna. this holds the antenna in place on the new FLA mirror.

The next step is to transfer everything.

Removing the Antenna is pretty straightfoward. Just remove 5 T15 Torx screws and transfer the antenna to the new to you FLA mirror.

- Add the removed yellow cable to the Black 10 Pin plug from the FLA mirror. It needs to be in Pin 7, which is unused on the FLA mirror, so pretty easy.

- Add the removed Blue cable to the Black 10 Pin plug from the FLA mirror.
It needs to be in Pin 2, which is ALSO unnused on the FLA mirror.

That's everything for the Black plug, now you want to pull the 2 additional wires through the cable tunnel. This can be time consuming but take your time and don't use big force.

Next up is the 5 pin antenna connector:

- Add the yellow cable that you just installed to PIN 1 on the antenna plug
- Add the Black/Red cable to PIN 2, this will plug into the 10 Pin White plug on PIN 7. IMPORTANT: Sangria accidentally counted backwards. There's a a small arrow on the back of the 10 pin white plug which indicates Pin1. Correct Pin1 is the ORANGE cable. So place the black/red between the yellow and brown cable.
- Remove the Purple cable from the 10 Pin white plug and insert it into PIN 3 on the antenna plug.
- Insert the red/white cable to PIN4. This will need to be spliced into Pin1 (ORANGE Cable) from the 10 Pin white Plug.
- Insert the Blue cable that you just installed on Pin 2 on the black connector to Antenna pin 5.

Antenna plug is finished now.

Finally we need to make some changes to the 10 Pin White plug

Like I mentioned before you only remove the purple plug,
splice the Orange Pin1 cable with the red/white cable from the antenna and
then finally just insert the black/red cable from the antenna to pin7. That't between the yellow and brown cable.

BTW: You don't touch the 9 Pin FLA plug at all! Just let it sit.

Finished plugs look like this:

Black 10 PIN plug (Pin 1-5)

Black 10 Pin plug (Pin 6-10)

White 10 Pin plug:

5 Pin antenna plug:

finished mirror:

Now you only need to code it like SaNGRia mentioned.

DONE!

Thanks to SaNGRia for sharing your knowledge with us.

Again this is not any critic, it's just an addition for newbies like me.

INFO: I talked to Sangria yesterday and it seems that the dimming issues apply to all M3 cars. My car is a 335is E93 and I didn't encounter any dimming issues. We both shared our plugs and we have the same pinout.

Last edited by Xantor_; 02-22-2023 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: pinout wrong
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia996.50