View Single Post
      11-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #7
linuszz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / Porsche 996

Winnn Congrats on the new car! Like you I am a recent owner of a 2008 E90 M3.

gbalthrop THANK YOU! I am simply amazed and thankful for all the insight you share. I’ve read many of your posts as I’ve been researching this issue.

My problem describes pretty much identically to this post. IHKA buttons all light up, fan audibly changes speeds but no air coming out of any front vents. Rear blows strongly but no real heat or cool from rear. No audible noise of flaps working. I did change the final stage resistor but no luck. From George’s earlier guidance I installed INPA (I’m very much a novice) but I did fine IHKA errors 9c56, 9c5f, 9c62, 9c48, 9c49, 9c4a, 9c4b, 9c4c (Basically same as Winnn reports here). Also I get the same flap position printout of all listing !255. So basically identical.

note, I did recently have the head unit/radio, IHKA unit, and others, pulled out as I swapped the screen for a touch screen (carplay, rear camera, etc). Troubleshooting this, I had them out numerous times. I actually just today pulled all out again to re-check, re-seat connections. Still no luck.

Questions:
What do you mean by ‘reseat pins’. I’m googling that now lol. Any more detail on exactly what you did? Did you actually take the plug apart? Test with a multimeter?

Any way to identify connector X01198? There are two similar connectors on this IHKA unit. One dark, one light. I guess I’ll check both.

There is also a socket for a 3rd plug. Looks like a ribbon plug. Today I pulled a lot apart, looking for this cable thinking I missed it on the re-install but no luck. Looking back at my original install pics and other posts I’m now convinced that mine never used this but curious if yours does have 2 or 3 connections to IHKA unit.

Thanks again for any help!
Appreciate 0