View Single Post
      11-27-2022, 01:18 AM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTridenTs View Post
... M3 E93... 2009/01... Since I bought the car the front vents are not blowing air through...[*]Front vents are not blowing air; back vents work well;[*]There is pressure in the cooling system but no cold air coming through;[*]I can hear the fan;[*]I cannot hear the flaps/valves opening;[*]I tried various settings (both manual and auto) without any luck;
i.e. nothing happens if I press the "Snowflake", "Max", or zone buttons[*]I eventually put a computer on the car and I got the following error codes:
[ALL 8 Flap Motor Codes]...[*]009C62 - IHKA (Integrated Automatic Heating and A/C System), evaporator temperature sensor;[*]009C5F - IHKA (Integrated Automatic Heating and A/C System), ventilation temperature sensor;[*]009C56 - IHKA (Integrated Automatic Heating and A/C System), footwell temperature sensor[*]DME - 2 DTCs[*]00CDA9 - Message (A/C request) error, received DME, transmitter IHKA (Absent) [CAN BUS, IHKA to DME?][*]00279D - Digital Motor Electronics (DME), power management closed-circuit current violation (Absent)...
See ISTA ScreenPrints attached to NEXT Post. HIGH Probability that Connector X01198 on rear of A11 IHKA Module (Climate Control Panel) is loose/ disconnected. ScreenPrints include Wiring Diagram (Heating & Air Conditioning Functions), X01198 Location, and X01198 Connector View (Latch and Pin#s).

That Connector includes:
1) LIN BUS: Yellow wire at X01198/1 (Pin #1 of connector X01198);
2) Ventilation Temp Sensor: Green wire at X01198/7;
3) Footwell Temp Sensor: White wire at X01198/5;
4) Evaporator Temp Sensor: Green/White wire at X01198/4;
You have Fault Codes for ALL of those items.

ALSO, that connector supplies power to Flap Motors via Red wire at X01198/3 and Ground via Brown wire at X01198/2.

The K-CAN BUS connection to IHKA Module is via a DIFFERENT Connector, X608, which is the OTHER 12-pin connector on rear of IHKA Module, with similar latch. Check BOTH 12-pin connectors after removing IHKA Module. If you need ISTA removal procedure, please advise.

I have never removed the Module or seen the Connectors. There have been SEVERAL posts on the Forums by folks who had issues with the LATCH on those connectors.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0