11-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #11
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SSii M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
I struggle to believe the GT4's suspension + tire sizes make it feel more compliant over bumps or bad roads than virtually any BMW but maybe its much improved over my 2015 991.1. Even with a suspension controller and performance winter tires the 911 is way, way harsher than my BMW's (especially E90 M3 non-EDC) and I would reach for the Bimmers anytime I just want to relax.

No way I'd sell any daily driver BMW to just own a Porsche sports car as my only car but maybe I'm getting old. It has also been mentioned back seats and trunk space also being an advantage. When the roads get curvy though no question which car is better up to the task.
I went for a ride in the GT4 and having ridden in i_love_cars e92 on Ohlins and daily driving my e90 on ST XTA3+ I can honestly say I was shocked at how well the GT4 handled bumps. It feels extremely compliant and dare I say, comfortable. I did not expect the combination of bucket seat and GT car to be as good as it was. It was a very dynamic ride because the moment he asked it to hold the road it did exactly that without beating you up on the way.
95 325is *sold*
93 nissan 240sx KA-T *sold*
Appreciate 0