View Single Post
      10-25-2022, 11:33 PM   #1306
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoivo408 View Post
I am getting the red screen of death on the idrive after installing the P2000 DSP unit. Anyone had this issue before and know how to resolve it? I have the CIC version and all DIP switches are in OFF position. Carplay screen works flawlessly and I was able to connect my iphone to BT and hear sound/music but whenever i switch back to idrive screen, it flickers red then black consantly. I verified that I don't have a faulty CIC unit by connecting original LVDS cable from CID to CIC and the idrive screen works again. Searched through the forums with people able to fix red screens by depressing volume button for ~30 seconds to reboot CIC but that didn't work for me. I am suspecting it's the supplied LVDS cable that is bad and sent emails/ whatsapp messages to Mr12Volt but no reply, please help!
I think you are on the right track suspecting the cable. The screen makes that color when it has no signal. When I installed my first p2000 the car for some reason decided to wake up in the middle of the install, and I noticed the screen did that with nothing connected.

The fact that carplay/p2000 shows up on the screen, means the video signal is getting from the p2000 to the screen. Idrive not displaying implies the idrive video signal is not reaching the p2000, or the p2000 is faulty and not passing the video signal through. Start with the cable, and if that doesn't work, try a new box.

Best of luck interacting with support. They've been decent in my interactions with them.

Last edited by drwankel; 10-25-2022 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0