Drives: e90 M3

I know this is a old thread - but wanted to provide input I have not heard yet

E90 M3 6-MT
ymmv
Solid aluminum subframe bushings
Solid aluminum differential bushings
challenge race test pipes
AA signature exhaust

There is a lot of feedback on NVH and this is what I have to add. It is impossible to talk to people in the back seat over 40mph. Two reasons I am getting rid of the solid diff mounts after living with it for prob 4-years.
1) Conversation is impossible with back seat passengers over the whine
2) I used to tape a mic in the trunk to my gopro for track days vid and exhaust sounds. It sounded so good. If I put a mic in the trunk now - even at street speeds you cannot hear a test pipe exhaust over the whine as much as you should. That is a lot of NVH right there. Forget about picking up the exhaust sounds over the whine at track speed.

In my case - this is the experience. I have been upgrading my cars for years and I can truly say this was the only mod I ever regretted and fully hate. It sucks not being able to talk to your kids in the back seat. Tolerance? test pipes and track pads full time - street / track. So I know loud and neither bother me at all. But not being able to talk to people in your car is on another level.

Also a Mercedes master mechanic with a AMG 63 down the street that we have been to the track together was walking his dog. Next time I see him he asked my if I went to straight cut gears or something. It is so loud at 20mph people 60 feet away hear it loud enough to ask questions.

I know this is not everyone's exp - but wanted to share mine - that statistically, this could also happen to some other e9x owners as well.
Appreciate 2