06-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #27
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Final Update: Picked up the M3 yesterday mid-day & everything runs fine now, phew! Dealership was suppose to get the M-DCT oil/fluid this past Tuesday since it was to be overnighted on Monday. However, it didn't arrive until Friday afternoon due to the fact it came directly from Germany & it contained biohazardous material (BMW NA only has 2 storage contrainers nationwide or something like that the service advisor said). The problem was just like I said earlier...O-ring was crushed and/or manufacturered incorrectly thus it cause a loss of pressure so gearshifts weren't possible. While the car was at the dealership waiting for the fluid this whole week, a high ranking engineer from BMW NA came by to make sure nothing else was wrong w/the transmission & rest of the car. The dealership wanted to make sure this issue was handled as careful as possible thus the shop foreman was the only one who worked on the car. They didn't even have to take apart the transmission to replace the O-ring. All they had to do was take off one small undertray & replace the O-ring (on transmission oil line of some sort). I've driven it for roughly 90-miles & have tried to replicate the issues but thankfully I haven't been able to. I'd like to thank Classic BMW & Patrick Arnold (Service Advisor) for such a professional job since I was really getting impatient (when I picked up yesterday, I've owned it for 11-days & outta those 11-days, the car was in the shop for 8-days).

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0