View Single Post
      05-16-2022, 02:52 PM   #78
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
Sorry for the ancient thread revival. I got the dtc code 2722 and was wondering which part to buy (brass or silver). Lots of back and forth on that so wanted to post the answer to that question.

FCP Euro:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13537622231kt

From the factory BMW installed a low pressure fuel sensor manufactured by Sensata. While it is still available as p/n 13537614317 BMW TIS recommendations suggest to replace it with a Bosch low pressure fuel sensor p/n 13537622231. The visual difference between the two sensors is the originally installed fuel sensor is brass colored while the updated sensor is silver.

To install the updated sensor on an original fuel feed line you will need to install an adapter as the Bosch manufactured sensor has a different threaded connection than the originally installed Sensata sensor. Another alternative is to replace the entire feed line with the updated version but that is ultimately not an ideal solution.

This kit includes the new updated Bosch sensor, the proper adapter for fitting it to the originally equipped fuel feed line (original feed line is p/n 16122283485), and a replacement fuel pressure sensor o-ring.

Note: The adapter to the fuel line must be torqued to 20Nm. The low pressure fuel sensor threads must be lightly coated with oil before torquing, torque for fuel sensor is 20Nm.
I went with the original sensor. I had the new sensor and adapter at the time, but decided to go with the original brass sensor, since it was one less connection to worry about down the road. No issues to report.