02-16-2022, 02:31 PM   #593
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Do you have a date that you're looking for the whole car build to be done by? I'm really excited to see the finished product!
I think we are imminent for at least some shakedown soon, but the goal posts have slipped before - was supposed to have the engine 3 weeks ago but Carbahn kept delaying delivery dates.

I have some other parts incoming throughout the year so the build isn't by any means complete. It's time to replace the big old steering wheel with a KMP wheel but that's a couple weeks out from now.

I have an AFFF fire suppression system installed, a carbon dash from Bimmerworld, a couple Recaro RMS 2700G seats that are on back order, and some other goodies on the way.

We've done some additional strip down work but I'm not sure where we're at right now. I'm keeping the heavy ass metal doors for right now for security reasons; I don't have an enclosed trailer yet so the car has to sit exposed on top of the open one for some periods of time, so I need to keep the riff-raff out.

Goal is eventually sub 3k lbs so I'm hoping we can get there and do whatever measures we need to take to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
I've heard these stroker builds have one season in them before needing rebuilds. What have you heard?/What are your expectations?
I have also heard that too. I asked the question but didn't get a firm answer as to what the rebuild window was. This is my expectation going in - so I'm committed to this science experiment.

In any case I will be public about the results of the experiment; I'll be the guinea pig! If it doesn't work out I can always put in a stock engine. YOLO
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 9
b4hand661.00
///Mobbin1478.00
derbo3612.50
slcook541863.00
rhyary1573.00
Davisca4552207.50
roastbeef11593.00
Kelse921133.50