Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
Same experience on my car when the blower was installed.
The OEM 265 rears stood no chance.

Was able to squeeze some 305/30/19s on 19 x 11, ET43 on the back of the car, but needed some 5mm spacers to keep the inboard sidewall from touching the fender liner.

The improvement in straight line drivability on a hard takeoff, was immediately noticeable and much appreciated.
I agree the 265 PZero's were a joke.

I experimented with many tires / wheels / sizes on my older supercharged e92.

Best traction off the line on the streets/unprepped by a landslide is Toyo R888 and successor R888r. Second best is PS4S and predecessor PSS. RE71R surprisingly not bad for a tire that needs some heat to work. Width didnt matter. LOW tire pressure (mid 20's was the key).

Don't be afraid to run with the TPMS light on all the time.

I was able to get very consistent 3,5 0-60mph in the supercharged M3 even having to short shift second gear because 1st will spin over 6500. This is with no launch just punching throttle. At airstrips I outlaunched stuff like Audi R8v10 AWD and other AWD cars. On my YouTube channel.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

My use is track days, trying to get the car to grip on corner exit.

I happen find it very interesting that you employed short shifting as a tactic.
I don't use DSC, but have gravitated to using the upshift paddle to get the car to stop spinning.

I'm just not skilled enough to manage the throttle consistently when leaving a turn in 2nd gear, so I just started leaving in 3rd instead.
It just makes for a less stressful day at the track for me.

The clip below is an example of using the upshift paddle to help the rear tires (305 PS4s) re-grip.
It's out in the country side, not on track, but it's fairly representative of what would happen exiting slow turns in 2nd gear.

(I just got some NT01s, so I'll likely try some more aggressive exits next month at Laguna Seca)

Nice vid! Reminds me of the days of getting squirrelly in 2nd. Not possible at stock power with grippy tires.

Yeah tires for the track are altogether different than tires that work on the street with little to no heat in them. Cup2 is a nice compromise tire for both. Same with NT01's. If not entirely dry and freezing temps i remember PS4S or NT05's weren't bad since they dont need much heat to work.

But nothing beats a dedicated track tire. I'd run whatever dogbone uses that guy has the fastest e9X on the planet and it's supercharged.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552207.50