View Single Post
      01-19-2022, 07:29 PM   #34
StAndrews607
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E84 X1

JBE 3R module was super easy to install and default code. Though you are right, technically don't need it, I just wanted Ista to look all green with no red modules lol I think I saw you wrote that somewhere in the OEM Cam thread too. Luckily I have gotten all this way without having to get an icom. I might consider doing it especially since I can use it with any future BMW's I get.

I'm pretty much doing the same thing you did. If there's an option I can add, I'm going to do it just for the fun of it.

Some after thoughts I did have though regarding the FLA project. I noticed that Terminal 30 is not connected to the mirror board on the old non-FLA mirror. I'm wondering if you could actually skip splicing this one too. It would be worth a try for anyone in the future just to see if it works. I already put the front trim back on my mirror and there's no way in hell I'm pulling that apart again lol

As for your dimming issue, my bet is that it's got to be something to do with your Electrochromatic mirror wires. If you're up for trying it, I'd say look into where those are plugged in and make sure they follow the pinout above.

The LED wire seems to be pretty much only for if you have the DWA alarm and visual confirmation when you hit lock or unlock on the key fob. I have an X1 coincidentally as well so I was able to roughly compare between the 2 and noticed that when I pressed any button on the fob it seemed to trigger an LED flash on the X1.

My OEM cam project is going well so far, thanks to already having an X1. I had to actually use the X1 to test my TRSVC module I got. Turns out the TRSVC I bought was dead on arrival. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but alas, turned out to be bad hardware. Oh well, back to eBay I go to find another one.
Appreciate 0