View Single Post
      12-09-2021, 08:23 PM   #13
///Matt.BLU
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
If you're tall and want the seat centered, you really just need to get a side mounted seat. The e9X's tunnel gets very wide towards the base, so to the lower you go, the more it pushed you towards the door (off center).

I also find the Sportster CS to be an overrated seat in general-- IMO it's not particularly more supportive than stock, it's not that much lighter than stock, and the harness pass through holes are low enough that they're dangerous to use for 95% of the male population (spine compression). I'm pretty sure their popularity is based on the fact that they look cool and say recaro on them.
Yeah, unfortunately there aren't any leather side mounted seats other than the pole positions that I can think of and I am too tall for them. I think the CS is popular among those looking for a sportier feel rather than the full support needed on the track. That fits the bill quite perfectly for me. While I did mention in my post about harness pass through holes, I don't intend on using any. Them being too low on the PP just means I'm too tall for the seat. So to your point, I'm not getting the CS because they look cool and say recaro on them (that's just a bonus ), but because I am looking for a full leather seat that can allow me to lower the towering seating position of the stock seats. Honestly what were they even thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPit View Post
There isn't a good one. Just who is least bad.
I am getting to the conclusion that may be the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
The Sportster CS is probably the best in between seat that retains much of the comfort and functionality of a stock seat.
There are not many that recline, look good and offer more support than stock seats. Are they a fixed bucket?.....no but that is the beauty of them imo. They loose a decent amount of weight (as long as you aren't comparing to side airbag models) and on the track they kept me in place alot better than stock seats ever did, I was not sliding around and didn't need to brace myself on the door like before, was more easily able to focus on driving.

I measured over 1" lower compared to stock with my planted mounts. I hear BK mounts are lower but I haven't personally tried them.
Agreed. Thanks for giving actual helpful feedback on seat height. I was going to get BK mounts but I heard it doesn't actually lower the seat much. Makes sense considering you'll still have the electric motors under the seats to power them on stock rails. I think I'm going to be using some variant of floor mounts and recaro rails. I just hope the Recaro rails are rigid. I wouldn't want the seats to have any sort of play.