View Single Post
      11-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #368
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

Wholeheartedly disagree that it isn't an issue, and I stand by it being crippled. I would say anybody who thinks there isn't an issue has not done a 1:1 comparison with the exact same audio natively through the CIC system. Saying it sounds better than X other 3rd party component isn't the point, and frankly isn't relevant. The whole point of this system is audio- and the audio doesnt work correctly.

You should not have to make ANY eq adjustments due to using this system vs what sounds good with the standard CIC inputs. The CIC system expects a flat neutral input from all of its sources, which is why the EQ settings are system wide and not input specific. Keep in mind, this is a digital signal input we are talking about. Using the EQ to try to compinsate for this is an awful approach, as you are amplifying a weak or missing signal which is not going to restore audio fidelity.

At this point in time, there is a low frequency range that is either omitted from the signal entirely, or with the DB levels inexplicably reduced.

This is a flaw, and again, I'm highly suspecting it can be fixed in software.

If you think you arent affected by this, try the exact same audio through the CD player, USB, or bluetooth, without adjusting the volume or EQ. It wont sound the same, and it should.
Appreciate 1
derbo3612.50