View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #38
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Car salesman hate me. It's rare that I find one that knows more about a vehicle than I do and I'm not afraid to call them out when they try to bullshit me or anyone else on options/packages/service etc. I had a BMW salesman try to sell me a X5 M Sport saying it had M Adaptive because it's an M Sport and all M Sport have M Adaptive. I had to show him otherwise on the build sheet. He also tried to tell me that the 35d did not come with Drivers Assist Plus.

Years ago I noticed an Audi that caught my eye at a local used car dealership. I was driving my 91 Yota beater truck that day. I was the only customer there at the time, I pulled in, noticed the guys inside watch me drive by the window, parked by the Audi, got out, walked around checking it out for a good 5 minutes, waited, walked around some other vehicles, one of the guys walked out and said he would be with me in a minute so I went back to the Audi, waited again. No one came out but I could see them inside just jaw-jacking over coffee and kept casually glancing over to see if I was there, so I left. Few days later for shits and giggles I went back in the Infiniti and I wasn't even out of the damn car before I had the same two walking up like they were my best friends. So I wasted their time for 20 minutes talking about the Audi before telling them I was there previously in my Yota shitbox and they ignored me probably assuming I couldn't afford anything, but now that I came in my Infiniti they were suddenly interested in a sale. They both got quiet, tried to backtrack but failed.

My worst experience was when I bought my X5 and had it delivered from Utah. Man, where to start with that one...

1) Part of the sale was an agreement that the dealership was going to fix paint wear on the drivers rocker from where the previous owner kept knocking snow off their boots. He "fixed" it and sent me photos. Of course the photos were doctored and all he did was use touchup paint and brushed it on.

2) They told me they only use licensed and insured transport companies with good reputation. Well the vehicle showed up with damage to the rear bumper because it was too close to the other vehicle on the trailer. Turns out he lied about who he ships with, the shipper was not licensed, not insured, and seemed to disappear from the face of the earth. He then offered to pay for the damage repairs but refused to pay what the body shop quoted.

3) He said the title would arrive a few days after the vehicle arrives. A week goes by, no title, so I call him on a Monday and he states he is physically looking at it on his desk and he was getting it overnighted that day. Thursday arrives and no title, so I call back, and this time he says he doesn't have it yet from his title guy and couldn't get it until tomorrow, but would get it sent out right away. It took 24 days after I received the vehicle to receive the title, which resulted in me having to pay an additional fee to transfer the vehicle because it was outside of the transfer window.

I happened to see a listing for a vehicle from them the other day and noticed the website stated they were closing down. Hmmm... I wonder why.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1619086.50