Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk33 View Post
Thanks for your replys.
Yours looks a little better than mine originally did. I cut mine up and reduced the angle. Unfortunately it lifted slightly and now is too close to the top, which cuts the top of the screen off.
I don't know how they are IP68/67 rated! The CCD circuit board is held in position on the lens with a dob of silicon, and in turn held in the housing with a dob of silicon.
I think I will try another one (maybe a different brand) and see if I can improve it.

Buy the way I fitted an INDUKTIV Wireless Charger. Very, very pleased!
An update on my rear view camera.

I originally purchase and installed this camera: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GE7NQH6/
It is certainly not waterproof with only a few drops of silicon to seal the unit.
It's claim to fame is it has the the narrow connector and is easily fed through trunk rubber tube, but the image parking lines points too close to the ground.

I purchased a replacement camera (cyberdemon): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P3NV68D..._ztn9FbZA689DG
I'm very happy with this camera, better resolution and is waterproofed properly in a pot of silicon like material.
Unfortunately the camera image parking lines also points too close to the ground and unlike the camera above, it has a wide connector (hard to get through the trunk rubber tube).
I re-ran the cable and had to keep the big video connector and line switch in the trunk. No big deal.

Using a Dremel, I worked out by trial and error I could cut a narrow slot in the camera housing which repositioned the camera angle up.
This left a wedge shaped gap between the camera and the trunk housing.
I used some butyl windscreen sealant and was able to able to seal the camera to the trunk.

The camera lines are much better now - not quite as good as the factory fitted cameras in my other cars, but OK.
That angle does look much better. Strange that in the Amazon pictures it shows the small connector, same as the first camera, but in your pictures it appears to use a full size RCA.