08-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #16
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
I've been using Sparco 6-point harnesses since 2015. Been happy with them. I'm on my second set because the first set aged out. (They expire.) I have the version that narrows to 2" for the neck restraint. Otherwise the rest is 3" webbing.

Congrats on committing to this project! I hope it goes smoothly and you enjoy the process. Can't wait to hear more!
thank you for that! i'm going to sparco next week, so maybe i'll just pick up some harnesses while i'm there. the simpson hybrid S HANS device can be used with oem three point belts, but can also be used with harnesses.

this process has been overwhelming in a good way. some things i want to do myself, and some more technical things like suspension is going to be done at MRF. I'm not equipped to install coils, arms, and corner balance.

the doors are going to be fun. if they are just oem replicas it should be just a few nuts and bolts.

i might have a go with the seats, harnesses, and harness bar. doesn't seem too technical, but i don't want to get it wrong. i'll still have a professional eyeball it after.

i'm drawing inspiration from many different builds on the forum. you're one of them and a secondary inspiration is your tracking, trailering, and competing at your age (even though you're not old). it sort of kept me patient and gave me the discipline to keep at things- there is plenty of time for the fun stuff later in life, the best has yet to come. so thanks for that, and your continued contributions.