Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisca455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM3Wagon View Post
Ok I've changed the pump, I went wheel lock to wheel lock pre and post start up but the pump is still whining like a Mofo. I'm afraid to let it keep running in case I'm not doing something right so I shut it down. Any help?
Did you follow Busham's bleeding procedure?

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=18425381
No I sure didn't, I just refilled the reservoir and topped it off when it got low. Now that I'm reading it I have no new clamps left or a vacuum plug to flush.
... be aware that the belt pulleys can also make noise, that sound like a dying pump.
If I can't do a proper bleeding process, should I just suck out reservoir fluid and change it a few times. It's dirty already so I assume it's fixed with the old stuff still in the R&P
If you can't remove the return line from the reservoir and cap the return nipple on the the reservoir, I guess the next best thing is to still follow the rest of Bushum's procedure, even though it will just dump the dirty fluid back to the reservoir?
But at least the air in the system would be purged.
But if the dirty fluid or a clogged reservoir filter is what killed the pump in the first place, then I don't know why I would expect a different outcome?

(Personally, I'd bite the bullet and get a new reservoir, with new filter, some rubber caps, a new hose clamp and do the full on Bushum procedure.)
I did that, and I pulled three reservoirs full of fluid since I had 2 liters of new stuff. Seems to be much clearer and the sounds is gone.

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552218.00